Hello Sunshine’s Fair Play Brand, Glamour and CVS To Host “Dare to Self-Care” Virtual Wellness Event on May 10th
LOS ANGELES: Hello Sunshine’s Fair Play brand, Glamour, and CVS announced today that they will host “Dare to Self-Care,” a free, virtual event that dives into the final frontier of what holds women back and ways to unlock and restore mental, emotional, and physical health no matter where they are on their wellness journey. An all-around wellness event for women to embrace new strategies and ideas to restore their wellness, the event will take place virtually on May 10th. Confirmed speakers include Eve Rodsky, Nora McInerny, Liz Hernandez, Tabitha Brown, Leslie Forde, Jennifer Barrett, Pooja Lakshmin, CVS’s Cara McNulty and Glamour Editor-in-Chief Samantha Barry.
“After a difficult year for wellness, ‘Dare to Self-Care’ is the perfect event for the best and latest advice for restoring your mental, emotional and physical health,” said Eve Rodsky, author of Fair Play. “No matter your background, these seasoned and acclaimed speakers have incredible insights and strategies for living a healthier life and we’re thrilled to partner with Glamour and CVS on this important event.”
“Due to COVID-19, many women have recalibrated their daily routines to care for children and family members, often while also managing work responsibilities and at-home duties. This has led to profound stress, burnout and anxiety,” said Cara McNulty, DPA, President, Aetna Behavioral Health. “Given that May is Mental Health Awareness Month and Women’s Health Month, it is important that we stand up for women’s health and mental wellbeing, raise awareness and dedicate resources to support them in prioritizing their own total well-being.”
Speakers and topics for “Dare to Self-Care’ include:
- Eve Rodsky, the New York Times Best-Selling Author of Fair Play. Your mental health suffers when you think having it all means doing it all. In this talk, Eve will unpack how to create boundaries, systems and communication to create time and space for your “happiness trio” (adult friendships, self-care and “Unicorn Space”)
- Nora McInerny, author and creator and host of the “Terrible, Thanks for Asking” podcast. Nora will help us unpack the collective grief we’ve all experienced over the last year, share that there is no getting back to normal after this past year but how we can find optimism and joy in our everyday
- Liz Hernandez, Emmy-nominated television personality, journalist, and creator of WORDAFUL in conversation with Glamour Editor-in-Chief Samantha Barry. Liz will discuss what self-care really means and how we wrongly define words that impact our mental health.
- “Creating Wellness in all Aspects of our Lives” panel moderated by Lisa D’Amour, psychologist, best-selling author, monthly New York Times columnist, and regular contributor to CBS News and featuring Leslie Forde, CEO & Founder of Mom's Hierarchy of Needs, Jennifer Barrett, Chief Education Officer at Acorns, a fast-growing financial wellness app, and Pooja Lakshmin, a board-certified psychiatrist and writer specializing in women's mental health and perinatal psychiatry, a frequent contributor to The New York Times. In this panel, we’ll unpack how to re-think a mother’s hierarchy of needs (Leslie), what wellness and self-care really look like for women (Pooja) and how getting a hold of our finances can unlock greater mental relief (Jennifer).
- Tabitha Brown, actress and CEO of Donna’s recipe, in conversation with Eve Rodsky. Eve will lead a Q&A with Tabitha to find out how she creates self-care time for herself while balancing a busy working schedule and being a mom, tips on how to sustain your mental and physical health, as well as a pep talk on how to put ourselves first.
- Cara McNulty, Cara McNulty, DPA is President of Aetna Behavioral Health, a leading provider of mental health and employee assistance program (EAP) solutions to members around the globe. She oversees a national team that spearheads the development of CVS Health and Aetna’s programs, products and capabilities designed to offer individuals easy access to quality, innovative treatments and meet people wherever they are along the continuum of mental wellbeing. CVS Health’s integrated health care capabilities, resources and local footprint enhance the mental wellbeing and health outcomes of communities and individuals across the country through an easy and meaningful experience.
“Dare to Self-Care” is part of a broader campaign from Fair Play and CVS to encourage women to ask for what they really need this Mother’s Day. Free to attend, it will take place virtually on May 10th from 12:00 - 2:00 PM PST.