Easy Cake Recipes
Simple White Cake
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Total: 40 mins
- Servings: 12
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch square cake pan.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating briefly after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to the wet ingredients and mix well. Add milk and stir until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top springs back when lightly touched, 30 to 40 minutes.
Ps. To make cupcakes, line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Basic Vanilla Cake
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Total: 60 min
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pans
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk (or 3/4 cup heavy cream mixed with 1/2 cup water)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 9-inch-round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper; butter the parchment and dust the pans with flour, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk 3 cups flour, the baking powder and salt in a bowl until combined. Beat 2 sticks butter and the sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to medium; beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla. (The mixture may look separated at this point.) Beat in the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the milk, beginning, and ending with flour, until just smooth.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans. Bake until the cakes are lightly golden on top, and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to racks and let cool 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the pans and turn the cakes out onto the racks to cool completely. Remove the parchment. Trim the tops of the cakes with a long-serrated knife to make them level, if desired.
Chocolate Mud Cake
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 2 hrs
- Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- Servings 16 servings
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups / 240 grams
- Cocoa Powder - ½ cup / 60 grams
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ½ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Water - ¾ cup / 180 ml
- Soft Unsalted Butter - 250 grams
- Milk - ½ cup / 120 ml
- Eggs - 4
- Sugar - 2 ¾ cup / 550 grams
- Dark Chocolate - 220 Grams chopped
- Instant Coffee Powder - 2 tbsp.
- Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Chocolate ganache - 1 batch
- Preheat oven to 150-degree C. Line the base and sides of a 20 cm deep round pan with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment comes above the pan, since it will rise so much.
- Now time to make the batter. Take water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil
- Add in coffee, butter, dark chocolate and heat it gently till it is melted.
- Add in sugar and whisk well till it is completely melted.
- Pour this in a bowl and set aside to cool down a bit.
- Now sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Now add in milk to the chocolate mix, oil, add in one egg at a time and whisk it well.
- Add in the sifted flour mix in and mix well.
- Pour this in the prepared pan and pop it in oven for 1.45 hours to 2 hours.
- Now remove it from oven and let it cool completely.
- Now unmould from tin and cut the top with a serrated knife.
- Spoon the ganache on top and spread on all sides.
- Decorate as you wish. Chill in fridge for couple of hours.
Italian Cream Cheese and Ricotta Cheesecake
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs.
- Additional: 4 hrs.
- Total: 6 hrs. 15 mins
- Servings: 8
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1-pint sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix the cream cheese and ricotta cheese together in a mixing bowl until well combined. Stir in the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, cornstarch, flour, and butter. Add the sour cream last and stir. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour; turn oven off and leave in oven 1 hour more. Allow to cool completely in refrigerator before serving.